Thursday, April 16, 2009

Boo to Flu




Thanks to Missy for the catchy title ;)

So Moira has the flu. It's horrible. She woke up early Tuesday morning (5:30) crying and saying her tummy hurt. I figured she had too much Easter Candy, although she didn't really have that much. She was saying "I had too much water". About an hour later, she started freaking out saying her legs had "too much fur on them". She was running in place going "ow ow ow". Then she said her head hurt. I took her temp and it was 103! We went to the Dr. at 2. They did a strep culture and it was negative. I managed to get her to pee in a cup and the culture for a uti was negative as well. The Dr. said that left the flu. Apparently there is a strain of Influenza B going around. She literally didn't move from the couch at all on Tuesday. She barely ate or drank anything. I was panicking that we would need some reinforcements and Nana was kind enough to take a day off to come help us. Moira woke us yesterday doing much better. The fever was way down and she was dancing around in the playroom. By the evening, it seemed more like a bad cold. Thursday, the fever was still around 99, but as the day went on she started loosing momentum again and kept getting crabbier and crabbier. Her temperature was back up to 101.5 and she was in a nasty mood. I got her to take a bath at 5, and she actually fell asleep in bed around 6. She woke up around 6:30 coughing horribly- so hard she was chocking herself and just sobbing in between. I tried to get her to take some cough medicine but she wouldn't. I finally just tricked her into opening her mouth and squirted some down there. Oh, she was so mad! But it was the really good cough medicine I paid $50 for last year and it REALLY worked. Sigh. Poor girl. I am already dreading tomorrow, I have a feeling it's going to be a rough day! I am really hoping Grady doesn't get it. He's obviously been very exposed to it, so it will just be the luck of the draw. I really wish we could have kept them apart but it's just impossible.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Moira. I hope she is on the road to recovery. I am also suffering from some flu or bad cold, and I so wish someone would tuck me in on the couch with a stuffed animal and a binky!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete