Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter & Grady 2 month visit.

I have more pictures, but Blogger is being slow, so I will do them later. I also have a ton of Moira funny stories, but not enought energy. I need to make time to write them down or I am afraid I will forget them over time.




















This morning, Moi was rifeling through her Easter basket full of candy. She didn't touch the candy yesterday, go figure. She has been kind of anti-candy lately, other than ring suckers, which still serve to bribe her into anything. But she usually doesn't even finish those. I just state this to prove my point that my lacadazical attitude about giving her candy whenever has paid off, she doesn't care about it anymore! Ha! Really, I've been just too tired with being very pregnant and having a newborn to make a big fit about it. But seriously, I think not making it a big deal has made her not care. She got a big basket of eggs with candy in them from Nana and Pop, and she only ate 2 pieces (hmmm... I wonder where the other ones went....) When we went to Wendy and Connor's Easter party, they could pick from a table of toys and candy, and she picked all toys and only one pepermint patty, which she never even ate. Last year, she just sat there eating candy at the table like it was a candy buffet. HOWEVER, here is my funny story of what she said this morning:
Moi (while looking through her basket): I love you.
Me: I love you too!
Moi: No, I was talking to the candy.
She asked me to open the peeps. I wanted one so I said yes, but told her only one and she had only one. In other cool things news, I was putting Grady down for a nap this afternoon and she was doing her usual, follow me around from 1' away and being loud. I said "why don't you go clean your playroom". It was a wreck. I never in a million years figured she would. Well, it took me awhile to get him down. I came out and she had cleaned her whole playroom. She was so proud of herself. Here little tents had even been filled with toys and she put them all away. We called Grandma to brag on her.
Grady had his 2 month checkup today. Since last week when I took him in for being fussy, he has been very NOT fussy. Not sure what is up or why. They Dr. said gas/colic peaks between 6-8 weeks and then slowly gets better. That was 7 weeks, so makes sense. Grady checked out great. Everything looks good. He is 14 lbs even and 24" long. He is in the 75% for weight and the 85% for height. His head is in the 75%, but I don't know who really cares about that. He had his shots. He has been really off this afternoon, not taking a good nap and fussing in his crib. I don't know how the night will go... wish me luck! But last night was good, he slept 5 hours from 7:30-12:30 and from 1:30 or 2 until 5, and then from 6 until I woke him up at 8:45 for music class. The Dr. said in another 4-6 weeks he should be getting more decent stretches. He thought 5 hours was the most we could really hope for at this point, so I should be happy. He said one of the Jr. partners at the Dr.'s office just had a baby 2 months ago and is only getting 3 hours, and that is more normal, so go Grady! OH, and I am pretty sure he laughed yesterday! It was so cute.








No comments:

Post a Comment