Monday, October 12, 2009

Moira is 4! Grady is 8 months!
















Blowing out the candles.



New Glasses




So Moira turned 4 this past week! She had a big party with ALL 15 of her closest friends at the Worthington Community Center "Fish Bowl" room and pool. It went so well! I was hoping to have it at a location other than our house to avoid having to do a lot of work, but that didn't quite happen... But I kept telling myself that birthdays are so special and this is probably the first one she will really remember so I wanted to make it good. We went all out with the fish theme. Thanks so much to Missy for making a spectacular cake as usual! The kids played outside at the park for a bit, came in for snacks and crafts and then went swimming!


On her actual b-day, a Wednesday, she had school. I got up early and made her some chocolate chip pancakes in the shape of a cake with 4 candles. She was the "star" at school and we took in trailmix (her favorite) in little birthday bags. Then we went to Once Upon a Child (I wasn't trying to be cheapy, but we needed to get Grady some sleepers) and told her she could get whatever she wanted. She got a "Bella Bella Dancerella" set for $8! This is usually $60. So glad I didn't pay full price, she didn't end up liking it very much. Maybe when she's a little older. Then we picked up an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. She's been talking for weeks about how she wanted this. We bake a lot so it was actually more of a special thing for her to go pick her cake than to bake one from scratch. When Chris got home, I made a little treasure hunt for her to get her gifts, which were a big cardboard clubhouse you can decorate, some my little ponies, a few books, and gosh, I don't even remember what else. I remembered today I got her some shirts last month, but they are long sleeve and she is still refusing to wear long sleeves. She had a good day!

Some big news is Moi has gotten glasses. I noticed a few months ago that her left eye kept being in the side of her eye, not the middle. I took her to the kids office of our family eye dr. and they said she did have an eye turn. I told the ped. and he wanted her to get a second opinion from the Opthamology dept. at Children's Hospital. We had that apt on Friday and they agreed that she does have both eyes turning in, the left one does it more. She is medium far sighted, which is actually a bad thing b/c if it was extreme far sightedness, glasses would be an easy fix. We don't know at this poitn if the eye turn is caused by the far sightedness or if there is an underlying muscle issue. She has to wear the glasses for a few months and see if that fixes it and then we will take it from there. She doesn't seen to thrilled with wearing them, but she did keep them mainly on this evening. Hopefully in a short time she will get used to them. The Dr. had me scared that if this doesn't work she will def. need surgery so we have a big incentive to keep them on.
Moira had her 4 year well visit today. She is also sick, as am I. We have a cough and nasal drainage. She coughed for 5 hours last night, it was horrible. He thinks it's just a cough, nothing serious, he gave me another prescription cough medicine script. It seems to have helped for tonight. No coughing so far. The Dr. said kudos to me for noticing the eye issue, as he thinks it's mild and he would NOT have even noticed it. Mommies always know when something isn't right! She is 41" and 36 lbs which puts her in the 80% for height and 55% for weight. He thinks she'll be about 5'-7" tall, which is interesting, I'd never heard a prediction before.

Grady is still my sweet happy guy. Until last night, he had been sleeping through the night great. He might be on the verge of getting whatever Moi and I have. He is 8 months old. He weighed 21 lbs 2 oz at the Dr. today. He is getting ready to crawl and I swear he is saying "Hi". It sounds like "I". He really loves the cat. He makes this squeal happy noise whenever he sees her. I always know when the cat comes in the room b/c of the noise he makes. He made the same noise when he saw Chris this weekend so he must like him too :)


Kodos got sprayed really bad by a skunk. It was horrible! The smell is still lingering. Chris really wanted me to mention this for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. Allie and Abby were looking at these pictures and Allie started whining "I wanted to eat the Hello Kitty cake with Moira!!!" I told her that we would get her a hello kitty cake for her birthday for her and Moira to share(knowing her she will remember I told her she can have it). I hope you guys are feeling better and Grady is sleeping better. He is SOOO CUTE! I can't believe he is already 8 months old!

    ReplyDelete