Friday, March 5, 2010


















I realized something yesterday that is very obvious. Moira takes after me in the giving department. I think most of you who know me know how much I love to give presents. My whole life, I have been giving and making. I think that's why I love photography so much, especially kid photography, it's like giving a gift to the kid and to the parent (and hey, doens't even cost anything). Well, Moira is just like that, I am calling it now. On the way to school, she picks up acorns or leaves to give to the teachers. She was too shy until the last few weeks to give it to them herself, she has asked me to do it. But lately she just goes "here you go! I got you an acorn!" Her teacher was proud of her b/c she asked if she knew what it would turn into if she planted it and Moira said "An Oak Tree!" Speaking of exclamation marks, Moi has been super into them when I read her books. She knows they mean excitedly and has been adding them in when she writes her made up words. But back to the presents, yesterday we were going to visit Allie and Abby and she wanted to make them cards. Then she thought that wasn't good enough and went looking around the house of things of her own to give them. She took a plastic cylindrical holder and put some of her little animals in it to give to Abby and gave Allie a plastic princess kaleidoscope, taped it to the cards she made and was just soooooo excited to give it to them. She is cute. Then before bed, she wanted to take things out of the shoebox that she sleeps with (with all her little stocking stuffers in it that Grady can't get to) and give it to Chris and I. She gave me a box of hair bows and Chris some letter M post it notes. She was going on and on about what we could do with them "You can put them in your hair anytime you want!" and "You can turn them upside down into a W if you want". Very sweet.


1 comment:

  1. So sweet. I love that picture of her above looking straight at the camera. So adorable.
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete