Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moira & My Little Ponies 1; Grady's Head 0

Tuesday Moira was throwing a My Little Pony up in the air. I was feeding Grady on the floor next to her. I was looking down at him and didn't see the MLP land on his head from about 6' up in the air. Ouch. He cried so hard and had 2 dents in his head from the hoof prints! I called the Dr. right away b/c I wasn't sure how hard of a blow to the head a 2 week old could withstand. It didn't seem THAT bad, but I didn't know what to look out for. They actually wanted me to come in so they could look at him. I called Chris and he met us at the Dr. Moira was totally overcompensating and said "I love the baby soooo much" over and over again. She felt bad, but not overly bad about the situation. His head was fine, just an abrasion. I'm sure it was the first of many injuries by big sister and other kids... poor second kid. Although I bet he'll be paying her back soon enough. Chris was kind enough to point out that I have only been home alone with the kids for 1 1/2 days when one of them already had hoof prints in their head.
He weighed 10 lbs 3 oz at the Dr.'s office. He was up almost another lb after 6 days! I got out the 3 month clothes just to be ready, and some newborn stuff he can't wear anymore. Crazy.
Grady slept for 4 hours in his crib last night! Then he was up tooting every hour or two, but still, we'll take it.
I realized last night that Moira is almost always naked at home. I mean, it's very obvious, but so obvious I just don't even think about it anymore. Usually as soon as she goes to the bathroom, she just takes her clothes off and stays that way until we have to go somewhere. It's kind of funny, I don't know what the deal is. Oh, and I am in trouble. Last week a family friend who is about 25 or 26 came over to pick something up and he left and Moira said "Mom, who was that cute boy?". I looked at her and said "What did you say?" and she smiled and covered her mouth and got embarrassed and said "Who was that... boy?" Oh, we are in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment