Monday, March 2, 2009

Tooty McGee





























At the Dr.'s office. He was 8 lbs 7 oz at 1 week and 9 lbs 6 oz at 2 weeks. The Dr. said they look for them to gain 1 oz a day during that time, so he doubled that.
Grady has been super gassy. He wakes up at night not b/c he wants to eat or be held, but b/c he clearly needs to "work some things out". He starts screaming, so I bicycle his legs, move him around, etc., and usually he lets out some gas and is all better. This is happening like every 45 minutes to an hour at night. Not good. I asked the pediatrician and he said I could TRY to eliminate caffeine, cow's milk, and chocolate, but it is highly unlikely this is the problem. He said those 3 things are the only things that transfer negatively into the breast milk to cause gas. Apparently the other gassy foods are just an old wives tale, not that I have been eating broccoli or cauliflower anyway. So today is my first day of being really good about not having any of those things to eat. We'll see in a few days if it's helps. I've also been giving him mylicon drops like it's his job, and some people told me stuff called "Gripe Water" works and I tried that last night. Didn't seem to make much of a difference today. A couple of people told me about new ways I can hold him, but I don't know if that will stop the problem of him getting up from gas pains in the first place. It's just too bad b/c I feel like he would be a good little sleeper otherwise. He's really only eating every 4 hours at night and when he's not having gas pains, he's very chill. Oh, and last night he rolled from his front to his back! He was laying on the bed and trying to work it out and was all fired up and I was thinking, he is going to roll over, and he did. And I swear he's already smiling at me. I took a video, I'll try to upload it.
Today was my first outing with the 2 kids by myself. It wasn't bad at all. We went to music class. Grady slept the whole time so it was really just like having something extra to carry... Moi was so excited to have Grady there and "helped" me carry his carrier into the class. And it was soooo sweet, at the end during lullaby time, the teacher was getting her guitar ready and Grady was getting fussy. Moira started singing him "Twinkle Twinkle" as she was laying in my arms and sang the whole song while the rest of the class listened in silence in the dark. I had to choke back my tears!

Also, for the record he's already taken 3 bottles and loves any kind of pacifier. The kid will suck on anything!

Some people have asked about his hair. So far it is brown, but you can detect a hint of red in the sunlight. His eyes are really dark blue, so I am thinking they might change eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment