Thursday, September 3, 2009

Look who is so big!


Here is Moira checking out her new big girl car seat. It is still a car seat and it can turn into a booster later. My friend Cheryl knows everything about car seats and car seat safety so I let her do all the research about what I should do now that Grady is getting ready to grow out of his infant seat and into a big kid one, and then I just coppied her. This is a Graco Nautilaus for anyone who wants to know.
I went to Moira's preschool tonight for the parent orientation tonight. Special thanks to Auntie Meredith and Uncle Chris for babysitting. I got to meet Moira's teachers. One of the ladies has been teaching there for I think 23 years and the other one for 19 years, and they have been teaching as a team for 15 years! How crazy is that! They seem very nice but also like they will run a tight ship and keep the kids in line, which I like. I was sad that I didn't recognize any of the other parents in her room, which means she won't know any of the kids in her class. I was hoping between the Tuesday and Friday class that she did last time, she would know somebody. She keeps saying she wants her same teachers and her same friends. Oh well, I know she will make new friends, it just would have been nice. I am expecting a few tears for awhile.
Speaking of tears, Grady is crying. We are on day 7 of cry it out. This is the 3rd night of the 7 he's actually cried. Last night he slept for 12 hours. We've definitely made progress, but still not excellent yet (as is evidenced by the sobs I've heard). But he's never cried for much more than 40 mintues, so we'll see. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment