Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maren with Moira and her friend Mary Grace





Grady and cousin Terra



Moira and Luci at school





Moira getting her diploma





Grady at Moi's school




Their cupcake cake. The yellow ducks are thier mascot.





Outside after school with her goody bag.





























Grady slept 11 hours last night and then rolled over today (from front to back) for the first time. I got his third roll on video after I realized it wasn't a fluke. He just did it with the same chillness that he does everything (Is chillness a word?) Just laying there one minute, on the other side the next!
Moira "graduated" from her 2.5 Tuesday class this week. I had to laugh b/c after kind of fighting school all year long, she kept saying "I am soooo excited to go to school" on the walk down there. She knew they were having a party that the parents were attending towards the end of class. When all the parents got there, we started eating lunch, then they handed out their diplomas (fotunatley Grady fell asleep in the stroller and I just rolled him into the nursery of the chuch, which is connected to their room). I think Moira expected more of a party b/c she said "when is the party going to start?" over and over. Whoops. It's sad that her school is ending this week. It's been good for her and I will miss the break! She starts back in September on Mon. and Wed for 4 hours and every other friday for 3 hours. They sang the "Make new friends song" for the moms. It's funny, when Moira was singing it later she kept saying "Make new friends, but keep me older, one is silver and the other's gold". Almost honey, almost....


We went to visit my cousins, Moira and Grady's second cousins, Maren & Terra today. Baby Terra I guess isn't technically a baby anymore, she is a 1 year old. She is about the cutest thing you've ever seen, I want to just eat her up. I told my aunt Emily that I just can't stop looking at her she is THAT cute! She has some awesome dance moves and just smiles! Moira ADORES Maren like you wouldn't believe. She was so excited to go over to their house she was yelling to the dog and cat "I'm going to cousin Maren's house!" Then of course she fell asleep in the car on the way over b/c she got up at 6:45 and was in a "Moira mood" and I have decided it shall be called (it involves pouting and saying "I'm not doing ANYTHING!") but eventually snapped out of it. I always enjoy talking to my aunt Emily, especially since I feel like Moira and Maren are VERY similar in personality. Every behavior change that Moira goes through, Maren has as well, and it's great to see how they dealt with it and see the end result on the other side!
I was just rereading that "Loving Two" poem that I posted on my Moira blog before the baby was born. I forwarded it to a lady whose blog I read who is expecting a baby and she had a post that reminded me of the poem. In rereading it, I realized I haven't really seen any of the new baby in Moira, although it would have been completely normal of her. Sure, she is more clingy at times (although who knows, that may have happened at this point in her development anyway) and sometimes gets frustrated when I can't get to her immediatley, but really, for the most part, she has been sooooo WONDERFUL. I have to laugh sometimes b/c Grady will be in his crib fussing sometimes and then he stops- when I go to check on him she will have climbed in there and is just smiling and grinning and entertaining him and his eyes are so wide open. It is too funny and hopefully the beginning of a life long friendship.
Okay, it's 5:30 am and both kids are sleeping so why am I bloggin? Well, I had to reinsert the pacifier and it seems to have worked. Now just need to figure out if I should go back to bed or not...

1 comment:

  1. Grady looks like he adores his big sister too!!They're both so cute! -Jeanne

    ReplyDelete