Sunday, April 19, 2009

No pictures of Moira lately b/c she is 1. usually naked or 2. covered with snot.

Auntie Meredith stopped by for a visit yesterday. Grady flahed her his world class grin.



Moi is still coughing a ton, but fever never went about 99.5 yesterday. She has a very runny nose. We went to the Franklin Park Conservatory yesterday, just Moi, Grady and I b/c Chris had to work all day! It stinks when he has to work on the weekends, especially when Moi is sick and we can't go anywhere with kids. But, we managed as we usually do. We had fun at the conservatory. She was sweet, I couldn't go up any of the steps with the stroller, so when she wanted to go do certain things that she usually does there, like climb up the big tower, I felt so bad but I had to tell her no, she just went "Awww" but didn't fight me about it. On the way there I said "Do you smell that skunk?" she said "No, but I am the one who has the snot". She keeps saying "I don't want to be sick anymore". It's been a week now tomorrow!!! She hasn't seen any other kids and is starting to have conversations with her friends. It's so sad. She had a big elaborate conversation with her playgroup, who she pretending was outside with her. I forgot how she does this when she hasn't seen other kids for awhile.
Well, it's 2 am. Grady went to sleep finally around 9 after fussing for an hour. I had to get up to put the pacifier in and figured he'd be right up in a minute but 20 minutes later so I got up. To back to bed or not, that is the question? I hate getting woken up by the crying, so I 'll probably just stay up and wait. We put a bed in his nursery for me to sleep in (since his room is downstairs) but that hasn't worked out too well until this week. He has been the world's loudest sleeper letting out toots and groans no human being (besides him) could possibly sleep through. I have been sleeping on the couch in the living room for 2 months! It is not so comfy, especially since we have a 3 cushion couch, one of the cushions is right in my rib cage. But I am a little person, so it's not a huge deal. His gas has died down though, I've been able to sleep in the bed in his room. The only problem is that is creeks when I roll over so I need to be super careful or when I'm not thinking about it (like when I'm really asleep) sometimes I'll roll and then he wakes up and I have to put he paci back in. I am just saying this so you can "insert sympathy here". Chris took the kids out Saturday afternoon for a drive b/c I just needed a break. Last week was very stressful caring for a sick little girl and a baby, trying to keep her somewhat away from him, not being able to snuggle her like I wanted, not really being able to help him completely- I just needed a break. I should have been doing housework when they were gone but I went up and got snuggly in our oh so comfy bed and slept for 2 hours. So not like me to not be productive! Oh well, I'll get a decent night's sleep...eventually... Just trying to remember that one day I will miss being up in the middle of the night snuggling with a sweet baby!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! 7 hours!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaay! love the comment about moira covered in snot!
    Grady is ADORABLE and is such a charmer!!! love it! glad you got a break in - and so happy you used it to snuggle in bed and rest. I'm the same way, I usually use my "free" time to be productive, clean, or catch up on things - rarely do i ever, ever lay in my bed and do nothing. so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete