Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally all healthy... for now at least.

















This bib is for Aunt Jeanne, who despises peas!











I finally got my hair did.









Double fisting the deserts after a long,hot day.












Cheese!


















Lovin my new bouncy seat Patty let us borrow.






Chillin on the front porch







Sorry I've been a big blog slacker. Really, as of yesterday, I can FINALLY say that we are all healthy...for the moment at least! Grady got Moira's version of her bug after her, which was not nearly as bad, thank goodness. However a stuffy nose with a baby who only breaths through their nose is a BIG deal. He's still a TAD congested, but for the most part it's gone. He was a trooper through it all and had even been sleeping 8 or 9 hours at night. That's right, I said 8 or 9 hours! Not getting too excited though b/c last night he was up after 3 hours crying, put the paci back in and got another 2 out of him. He did wake me up at 5 am with the most ginormous poop you could ever imagine, so maybe that was part of the deal, hard to say. I used to blog in the middle of the night between feedings, but I've actually been SLEEPING somewhat if you can imagine that. He is a great baby! Lots of smiles, loves to chill out between naps. He gets a bit fussy as the day goes on but nothing we can't handle. The only thing is he takes very short naps. Like 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes. I am used to Moira going "awwww! no!" when he wakes up b/c we can't finish whatever game she wanted to play, I can never get a load of laundry folded at the same time, etc. etc. But I really can't complain with 8 hour stretches at night!
I was talking to one of my mom friends at music class the other day and she asked how it was going. I said okay,everybody is hanging in there and I mentioned I am starting to panic b/c I fell at 11 weeks here, I am worried people are going to start expecting me to be "normal". You know, I feel like we are doing pretty good as far as Grady is a good baby, I can take care of his needs, Moira is a good girl, I can care for her needs, but when am I supposed to 1. stop wearing sweatpants everyday 2. brush my hair on a regular basis 3. serve something other than hot dogs and applesauce for dinner 4. fit into my old jeans 5. have a normal conversation 6. not be a hormonal mess at least once a day 7. listen and absorb other people's problems 8. clean the house 9. Start spell checking (okay, I never did that before either) etc. We were talking about when is that magical transition in society from "Oh, your family just had a new baby, what can we do to help you?" to "Oh wow, you all are a big mess and can't get anything together at all!" I feel like that transition is coming soon, based on some things I've observed, and I am trying not to stress out about it. We are doing the best we can on any given day and the best we can is the best we can. My friend told me her second is 17 months old and she still feels like she is still struggling to get everything together. She said she got down the basic caring for the kids pretty quickly, it was just EVERYTHING else had to take a back seat. As they say, 2 kids isn't twice as hard, it's 10x as hard. I am not complaining at all, the kids make me soooo happy. I just wanted everyone to know we are nowhere near ready to being high functioning and 1. out of sweatpants 2. brushing our hair on a daily basis, etc. etc. so feel free to cut me a break ;) Moira has been having renewed separation anxiety at school and I was trying to figure out what was going on. It was just confusing me. Then I realized, this is really hard transition for her as well, so that is probably the issue there, and we have to expect she will need adjustment time just like the rest of us.
Moira has been saying "stupid" a lot lately. She picked this up from a hula dancing Homer Simpson doll. I really really really don't like that word. In my opinion, it's worse than a swear word, b/c it's just so mean, and can be very hurtful to other kids. Usually when you are cursing, it's jut at an object.... ;) Well, I probably made to big of a deal about her not saying it b/c she is on a mission to say something that sounds somewhat like it or dance around it all day long. I have tried to explain that it hurts kids feelings and means that you have no brains. She knew she wasn't supposed to say it and yesterday we were taking a walk and she started to say it. She went "stup...." and stopped and looked at me and said "Stup! stup! stup!" that the new sound of a dog barking. I thought that was pretty creative and at least we've made some progress.

Moira (and Daddy I think) are pretty excited for county fair season. She asks about county fairs all the time! She is also obcessed with when it is going to be her birthday. 2 of her good playgroup friends have had their 4th birthdays recently. She keeps saying "is it EVER going to be my birhtday?" It's going to be a long 5 1/2 months!

Well, off to do some laundry and wash my face. Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment